Posted on 07/10/2011
How many would it make: 2 portion
500 grams of chicken breast
1/2 a cup of honey
2 tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce/salt if allergic to soy
vegetable oil for deep frying ~ about a cup
2-3 chopped spring onions
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder(optional)
salt for seasoning
1/2 a cup of Vitarium batter mix ~ enough to coat all the chicken
1. cut chicken into strips
2. make up Vitarium batter mix according to cooking instructions on box, add salt and garlic powder(optional) and chicken strips.
3. heat enough vegetable oil (in a wok) to deep fry the chicken strips well. Add one at a time, making sure they don't stick together, keeping the strips seperate.
4. remove chicken when it's cooked and turns a golden colour
5. remove this oil from the wok and add about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the honey to wok, stir with wooden spoon, it will bubble quickly on high heat and add the cooked chicken right away. Toss the cooked chicken in the honey and add spring onions. Stir together for 30 seconds
6. remove chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot
Serve with steamed rice.
Optional ~ season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of 5 Asian five spice powder.
Make sure oil is hot for deep frying, and high heat when adding new oil and honey.
Amount of honey can be varied according to the sweetness preferred but enough is needed to coat the chicken strips.